Saturday, February 1, 2014

Highlights

I haven't posted on the blog in a while!
Well... That means I have to catch up and do some highlights of this past month!

Highlight One:

I go to my last class of the day on the first day of Spring semester, and it's a writing for the professions class. My teacher is looking at the roster and was all, "Looks like we have almost all business majors, and wow! One English major. Shanell Boyster?"
I felt kind of cool at this point. Only English major in the class, that's what is UP. haha okay but really, I raised my hand and he asked me what year I was. I said sophomore. He looked confused and peered closer to screen and was all, "Really? It says right here you are a junior."
I just shrugged and said, "Well that's great! I'll take it."
I went home and added up the semesters… I AM A JUNIOR! What the heck?! Where did time go?! I graduate next December. That was a glorious day, and a big reality hit for me.


Highlight Two:

Kevin and I did some modeling for a glasses shop called The Eye Shop. If you want, you can follow them on Instagram (@theeyeshopaz) or like them on Facebook (The Eye Shop AZ)! We are on their website, so please check out our modeling skills (www.theeyeshopaz.com). We're great. ;) So we were heading to the grand opening cause not only were we going to support the company that wanted us to model for them, but we wanted to get waffles from Waffle Crush that was at the grand opening. Best. Waffles. Ever. 
Fifteen foot banners of our faces. I thought I felt cool earlier, but this totally exceeded that. A fifteen foot banner of my face. Not everyone can say that's happened to them. 
This was my delicious waffle. It had Nutella smeared all over it, bananas sliced on top, and I added strawberries to mine. I was given a generous portion of strawberries, and their homemade whipped cream was delectable.


Highlight Three:

It is no secret, that this week has been the absolutely worst for me. Work has been so stressful, and I worked twelve hours with no break. Pretty sure that's illegal, but whatever. At work I started to let tears roll down my face because I was so flustered, but I got my stuff together and worked it out. I had texted Kevin about the day I was having, and I finally came home. I started telling Kevin how bad of a day I had had, and how I needed to make dinner and that stressed me out too. He was all, you should go to the bathroom to freshen up. I refused, because I was starving and needed to make dinner. He was all, Shanell go to the bathroom. I refused again. The third time he forced me to the entrance of the bathroom, and opened the door. Roses and a love note. I started sobbing. I had the worst day of my life, and he was so incredibly sweet to me, even when I came home and was being rude. I know I always talk about how much I love Kevin, but I'm serious! He's the best ever. When I am at my worst, he brings me up. I had no idea that I could feel like a princess on the worst day of my life, but he managed to make me feel like the most special girl in the world. 
P.S. Chocolate soymilk was in the fridge. It's my guilty pleasure. 

That is all the highlights!

Oh, and I started getting crafty.. I am digging this English major so far. I just need to read and evaluate books/ write my feelings about them. Best major ever. I love reading and writing. Why was I not doing this before? Anyways, point being… I now have some time on my hand. Yesterday, I went to Hobby Lobby and busted out my inner crafting self. Plus, I feel like I have to live up to my last name. My mother-in-law is the most amazing crafter. She refurnishes furniture, makes clothes, and if you can name a craft, she's done it or knows how to do it. She's incredible, and definitely my crafting model! So I came home with all my great finds from HL, and I created this! Plus, there's one more piece to come! Stay tuned :)
So I made a burlap banner! And yes, slowly but surely I'm taking down Christmas decorations.  The owls, the frame, and the banner are staying for Valentines Day; I'm just so happy to be crafting! I'll post some more crafts soon!

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment