Monday, February 17, 2014

Winner, Winner! Chicken Dinner!



So for the past seven months, I have cooked almost every day. Yes, I switch up meals! During the first three months though, I repeated meals maybe two times a month, and that would be the maximum! My internal, secret New Years resolution was to finally get a "favorite meal" from Kevin.
For some reason, we get asked "What's your favorite meal that you've cooked so far?" way more than, "When are you going to have kids?" 

I decided that this was enough of having just "good meals." I planned on making great meals! Let me tell you, I ended up making two favorite meals. That's right. TWO! I'm not kidding, when he finally said "THIS is my favorite meal," I literally was like jumping in my seat. 

So most of the things I make, I end up putting my own spin to things. Either because I do not have all the ingredients, or I think some other seasoning will taste better. So the following is my own rendition of chicken enchiladas with green sauce.

If you want the original recipe, I got it from the instagram account: @eating_whole
I did make my own tortillas, but I did not use her recipe! I used this recipe. 
I marinated our chicken in a random chipotle flavored ranch dressing, and it came out amazing!


So here's the deal. I hate green sauce. Why? It is always sweet! So the recipe asked for honey for the sauce, I omitted it. I did not want it sweet! Kevin adores green sauce. It's his favorite. At restaurants, I get the red and he gets the green. Without the honey, it was the perfect sauce. Kevin and I ate literally every one. Every.One. 

Here's the recipe!

Chicken Enchiladas
  • 3 grilled chicken breasts, shredded
  • can of tomatillos, w/o juice
  • 1 bunch of cilantro
  • 1 jalepeno 
  • 1/2 tsp of chile pepper
  • juice of one lime
  • 5 cloves of minced garlic
  • salt to taste
  • shredded colby jack cheese
  • 6 tortillas
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 375. 
Cut jalapeno and take out as many seeds as you want. I added the seeds to taste. 
 Put all ingredients that are written in green into a blender and blend away! If you need more liquid, you can add the rest of the tomatillo juice. 
Divide the chicken up into the six tortillas, roll tightly. 
Place rolled tortillas in a 13x9 pan. 
Pour sauce over rolled tortillas and sprinkle cheese all over. Bake for 25 minutes. 


If you do make it, please let me know how it goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment