Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Liebster Award

So I've been asked by two friends now nominated me for the Liebster Award! I guess I should get cracking on their questions haha.
These are the rules:
1. answer the questions from who nominated you
2. create 11 new questions
3. nominated 11 bloggers to answer your questions

First off, I definitely am not doing the rules, so… yep! Let's be realistic here, I'm pretty lazy to come up with 11 questions. Plus, I only follow like 5 blogs! So, I am answering the lovely Brinkley's questions! P.S. check out her blog, cause she is super cute!

The questions:

1. What is your favorite quote that has inspired you?

There are a lot of quotes that have inspired me to do something, or to work harder at things. 
There is a scripture that I will always remember when I am feeling down. This scripture verse right here  is how I found out the church was true. This is the verse where I got my testimony of the church. 

A little background for it to make sense: I had never felt so desolate or sad in my life one day in my freshman year of high school. It was just the worst day in the planet. I was crying in my room, and I had a prompting to read the scriptures. At first I just wanted to just lay on my bed in my sorrows and feel bad for myself, but I actually wanted to stop feeling bad for myself, and you can never go wrong with reading the scriptures. So I opened them up randomly and just started reading. Then this gem hit me. I was overwhelmed with so much comfort, and I felt like someone put their arm around me and squeezed my shoulder. Then I heard the still, small voice say: "Everything is going to be okay." I didn't shed a tear after that. I was amazed that I just felt the Spirit so strong, and I then knew for certain that the church was true.

It is in the Book of Mormon, Mosiah 2:25. Instead of just writing it out for you guys, I made this image! It's a background of some houses in Belize when I went there for my honeymoon, so I'm not disobeying any copyright laws haha. As I digress.
This is the picture that inspires me when I'm down. I guess you can say that this quote by Elaine S. Dalton goes hand in hand with that experience: 
2. Is there anything significant in your life that made you who you are today?

I gave some thought to this. I am who I am today because of my family. They all have had an influence on me. 
Mom: She has taught me how to be a strong woman, cook, clean, some Spanish, and how to find great deals at stores. She taught me how to be ambitious and always strive for my dreams, and to remember how lucky I am to be where I am today. I am an 18 year old junior in college. Why yes, I am lucky and  ambitious!

Dad: He has taught me how to have patience, he's provided me with emotional and logical support, and has also encourages me to do anything I set my mind to. My dad used to read to me as a kid every night. We stopped when I was twelve, and I think that because I have been read to every night for twelve years, is why my imagination runs wild all the time. The memories of father-daughter reading is why one day I want to write a book- so that a father can read to his little girl every night, and go to Barnes&Noble at midnight for a release of a new book, or for an author signing. He has given me my dream goal!

My brothers: Being the oldest, I seldom have to think of myself when I am around them. I think of them. I always give. I give kisses, tickles, teases, and of course love. They make me feel selfless sometimes. 

3. What is my favorite blog to read?

I don't have a specific favorite blog! If it's about food or crafts, I will love it! If it is about life, I mean sure I'll like it, but I really like food.. :) 

4. What are your current goals?

My few goals are:
1. graduate college by next Spring
2. after graduation, find a job to work full time. 
3. craft more

5. If I had to eat the same thing forever, what would it be?

I'm going deep to my Hispanic roots right now: beans, chicken, and rice. It's my favorite thing ever.

6. My favorite memory:

Okay, hardest question ever! Like when I was a kid or now?! I'll go with more recent… I love everything I can remember about my wedding day. I feel like that's a little cliché, so I'm gonna choose another one. My favorite memory is when Kevin came home from his mission. We had never met before, and I had the nerve to show up at the airport with his family haha. This was probably the most nerve-wracking and exciting memory I have. I had every emotion going on at the airport! Here are some pics for y'all if you haven't gotten sick of them yet! 
My favorite picture of him seeing his family!

I was shoved right in front of him. It took him a little bit to realize who I was!

"The handshake"

I love his dad hahah 

First, I felt honored they wanted me in the homecoming family photo! Little did I know, that the next big family picture was going to be at our wedding! 
7. If you had a color lipstick that would permanently be on your lips, what would it be?
 hahah uh, I don't wear lipstick! I wear lipgloss. If I had to choose lipgloss though, it would be a neutral color :)

8. If you had one wish that is guaranteed to come true, what would it be?
 Besides that I'll be rich one day? haha Probably that I will become a published, successful author. 

9. If you could change one feature about yourself, what would it be?
I've learned to embrace all my imperfections and to just love myself for who I am. But one serious problem is that I eat when I'm bored. So that'd be great if that could change! Although that's not really a feature haha

10. Who's your favorite person in the whole wide world?
 KEVIN BOYSTER :)

11. What is my fashion style? (boho, classy, edgy…)

Well…. great question. I also try and answer that question all the time haha. I love the boho look, and have multiple outfits where I can say my style is boho. However… I now work in an office, so I've been obsessed with the business casual style! Although, my Hogwarts shirt laughs at my thought of changing my wardrobe and mocks me by saying, "Muggle, please." I would like to fully be business casual style. Which would probably be labeled as classy as well, but at times I just really dig those t-shirts. Here's a pic of me and one of my favorite necklaces. This super cute boutique called The OwlTree Boutique (click the boutique name to be taken to her Etsy!) made this adorable necklace for me, and I love it so so much! Can I consider this apart of the boho look?



Thaaaaaat is all folks! Thanks for reading all that :) I'm not going to nominate people because I'm pretty lazy. But if you're reading this, feel free to claim that I nominated you and answer the questions I was given! 

No comments:

Post a Comment