Thursday, September 19, 2013

Play Ball!

Tuesday the 17th was an eventful day! First off, it was my mom's birthday, and Kevin and I went to a baseball game. He accidentally bought tickets on my mom's birthday, but it was alright because we had dinner with them on Wednesday. 


Anyways, my husband's dream came true. He was on Sport's Center. That's right, he was on Sport's Center. The Diamondbacks were playing against the Dodgers, and we happened to sit on the rival's side (aka the Dodgers). I felt like if I cheered for the DBacks, I was going to get killed or something! Those crazy fans... SO, a homerun ball for the Dodgers came our way, and everyone in our section was trying to catch it, including Kevin. I just sat there. I just watched everyone scream and scramble for the ball. The baseball fell over a step, and rolled a few feet away from where everyone was looking for it. I literally just had to stick out my hand I would have grabbed it. The guy behind me and I just looked at the ball, looked at each other, looked back at the ball and hesitated. I wanted to grab the ball, but I was afraid that Dodgers fans would have ripped my arm off since I was wearing a Diamondbacks shirt. The guy (who was a Dodgers fan, but one of the few sane ones in the bleachers) bent down and grabbed it casually, looked at it and looked at everyone still in the clump, frantically searching the ground. He turned towards his friend and was all, "I'm just going to put this in my pocket and not say anything..."

After a few more seconds someone was all, "It's not here! Someone has it!" 
The guy was still standing and looked at them with a guilty look, and sat down. That look pretty much said, Sorry-I-didn't-tell-you-guys-I-had-the-ball-but-I-didn't-want to-get-mobbed. The disappointed group sat back down and continued to watch the game without a fight. Thank goodness! 



That homerun was on Sport's Center, and Kevin was dang proud that his life long dream was fulfilled! See if you can find us :)

1 comment:

  1. Uh, yea I found you! You're the only one sitting down haha! And they would not have mobbed you, you are too pretty. At least they know enough to respect pretty lol! I love the Dodgers but I gotta tell you, those fans need to work on tact, respect, and overall good sportsmanship. I love them all, but they are about the worst! Glad you had fuN!

    ReplyDelete