Monday, October 21, 2013

The Surreal Weekend

These past few weeks have been SO stressful and busy for me. I have had a practical for my Anatomy and Physiology class and a midterm. I just took a quiz that I have been studying really hard for, and I got a great score! I am ecstatic. Kevin helped me study for this quiz a lot. Even he probably has all the muscles I was studying for memorized!  I'm just so incredibly grateful for him in my life. 

What are the odds that someone I just decided to write on a whim would be my husband? Thinking of all the fun times I have had with him makes me miss when we didn't have all these real life stresses. More specifically, the honeymoon. A five day cruise to the caribbean. We departed from New Orleans (and we ate at Emeril Lagasse's restaurant!) and traveled to the Roatan Islands in Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel in Mexico. 

 We had these really nice guys that always cleaned our room. And I always loved seeing the animals they created out of the towels!

This was at Mahogany Bay at the the Roatan Island. It's really foggy because it was so humid! Literally, everyone that was taking pictures was wiping their lens and then saying, "Quick! Cheese!" 
Kevin and I on a boat that was taking us snorkeling.
It was GORGEOUS. 

Now this is in Belize. This is where Kevin served the last six months of his mission, and where things started to become more serious between us over letters and emails. And you might ask, why I took a picture of him at a table in a middle of a park. Weeeellll.... When we got off the boat, Kevin told me he wanted to take me to a park. So we got here, and he came to this table and told me this is where he read my very last letter to him. Like, okay swoon! Belize is absolutely gorgeous. 
We had lunch with one of Kevin's converts. It was super yummy!
He loved being back and seeing them. They had a picture of them and Kevin on their baptism day on the wall. It warmed my heart to see that picture. That was my missionary. And now is my husband. My heart was filled with joy.


I absolutely LOVE Toblerone. And in dark chocolate? Cozumel knew the way to my heart. 

Needless to say... I had a blast. And I'm so glad that we were able to spend a whole together traveling to different countries, trying weird foods, and tons of great cultural experiences. There is absolutely no one else I would want to share these experiences with than my husband. I'm grateful for the love he shows me and how supportive he is of me. I know that upcoming trials and stresses will bring us closer together, and I'm so blessed to have him in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment