Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Clean Eating

So I'm not sure if you guys know, but I used to be a nutrition dietetics major. I finished two years of the course, and as much as I love nutrition, I am not good at science.
I was really sad when I made the decision to switch majors. Anyways, just because I am no longer in the health field, I am still obsessed with food! Always have been and always will be!

The reason why I am bringing this up is because I recently just read the book It Starts With Food. Click (here) to see what I'm talking about. The book talks about food and the way it nourishes your body and how it damages the body as well. It gives you a challenge to do this thing called "Whole 30." The Whole 30 is the paleo diet for 30 days. I have been following several accounts on Instagram for a while that have done this, and the results are amazing! I decided that I would do the Whole 30 starting April 1st. This is going to be very hard for me. No beans, rice, milk, bread, grains, or sweets (just to name a few) for thirty days.

Luckily, since I make the meals here in the home (*evil grin*) Kevin has to do it with me! He has willingly accepted, only because he doesn't want to starve! haha. So as of next week, I am going to be doing the whole 30. I am going to be posting my thoughts of the thirty days here, and possibly some recipes! If you want to follow me every day though, you can follow me on instagram. I think that posting my meals everyday will give me some more motivation! I already made an instagram account for the whole 30, and after the month is done, I am going to be eating clean. The insta account is @cleaneatingboyster and if you want to follow me personally it is @shanellboyster

Well, wish me good luck for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment