Sunday, October 12, 2014

A place called home

Oh, how I have missed blogging!! I work every day, and when I am not working I am doing homework. If I am not doing either, I am probably cleaning, cooking, or sleeping. It's not like there's a billion people that read this and are heartbroken that I have written in months, although that would be kind of cool and weird! Truth is, I am a very busy person! Honestly, the below paragraphs have been written over the course of a few weeks because I am just on the go all the time! Luckily, I don't have homework due tomorrow so I am taking this time to write about something very exciting that happened to us recently! 
For a few months now, Kevin and I have been looking to rent a house. We loved our apartment complex, but we knew could get a house for almost around the same price range in the place we were living in. (Student housing prices are the absolute best…) We have gone through a relator, but she didn't have any lucky finding us a good fit either. We eventually decided that we would try in October. Well, the Lord knew where he wanted us, so we broke our lease when I decided to leave my job, which happened to be at our apartment complex. I have the sweetest sister in law that allowed us to stay with her until we found a house.
I had THE cutest roomies ever! 

I have another sister in law that lives at ASU family housing, and they love it! She suggested that we apply. We looked at the floor plans and rates for their family housing. For only fifty dollars more than what we were paying for a one bedroom in Tempe, we could have a three bedroom house. Count me in! So we applied, and got accepted! We moved in about a month ago. It's still crazy to grasp that this is our house! We hope to be here until Kevin is done with school, so we want to make this place look like home as much as we can. When we were moving stuff in, I couldn't believe that I had to walk a bit of a ways just to get to the kitchen from my bedroom! I was used to walk outside our room and I was almost in the kitchen, and at my in- laws', just down the stairs and it's right there! 


Our homes are on an old air force base that was built in the forties. So they're definitely not the nicest and newest houses around, but I'm loving it! The timing for everything has been so perfect. Moving out of my sister in law's house was so bittersweet. I love her and her two sweet boys. We just got so used to being with each other all the time! Confession, I cried when I got in the car after saying our good byes.




These past few months have been a trial for Kevin and I, but I have never felt closer to him than during this time. It is like we can read each other's minds! Today marks 15 months of marriage with him. Fifteen!!! I just feel so lucky that we are married. These past few months were tough, but not on our relationship. We just grew stronger. I feel blessed that we are now where we are supposed to be, and that we are happier than ever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment