Monday, June 1, 2015

Happiness

On March 27th I found out that I was expecting!

I was feeling all the symptoms, but I always feel like I have them around my time of month! I guess it was fun to pretend I was even though I knew I wasn't. Well, we have been trying. For Christmas, Kevin got me pregnancy tests as a joke (literally every month I took one). So this was like our first official month awaiting a result. So I took the test and instantly it turned positive. I just looked at it like "Well, crap. This is real." I looked at Kevin with big eyes and he came and looked and I could tell he was thinking the same thing I was. "It says it takes three minutes to change. So we'll come back in three minutes!" he insisted.

Well, when it's positive… I doubt it'll change! Anything to distract me from realizing the truth. We ended up going back to look at it again after three minutes and it hadn't changed. "I'm going to be a mom!" I yelled. We were so excited, and we still are excited! Keeping this a secret has been really hard. Even though I'm pretty sure my co-workers all guessed it when I threw up at work and complained about not feeling good.

Morning sickness is all too real and I freaking hate it. From what I read though, it's a good sign!
Just stinks to be feeling nauseous first thing when I wake up in the morning. I am 90% sure we are going to have a girl. My mom said that she never had any morning sickness problems or other things that I'm feeling with my brothers, just me! She laughs every time I complain and says "payback!"

This whole time it has been surreal that I'm expecting. We only told our parents, and wanted everything to be on the down low. It didn't really "click" with us that we're expecting until we went and saw the OB. Sitting in that chair I looked at the screen in front of me. I was expecting the cold serum that you typically see and hear about, but mine was really warm! It caught me off guard. And then all of a sudden I saw this little jelly bean looking thing on the screen. That's my baby. I was literally staring at my baby. Its hand was sticking up so I thought it was waving to me :) "Hi, mom!!" I am such a softie, so I started to tear up. It hit me how real this was becoming.

I am SO nervous but SO excited. This little baby is a blessing. I get to find out the gender in THREE weeks. Holla!! We're finding out early because there is nooooo way on this planet I am waiting until I'm 20 weeks :)

Typically I hate it when people post ultrasound pictures… especially when it's the 3D ones (your baby does NOT look cute yet. It looks orange. I'm going to eat this words fairly soon though.) But I had to share mine! The baby totally looks like an alien right now, but look at the cute hand waving hi!!! :)

December cannot come soon ENOUGH.

2 comments:

  1. Such an exciting time! Congratulations!

    JoLynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and Kevin, Shanell. This must be such an exciting time for you (aside from morning sickness) I can't wait to read your updates as they come!

    ReplyDelete