Friday, June 12, 2015

15 Weeks

So I could totally track this down in a journal… but I have loved following blogs that give an update on  how they feel each week! I figured that I could share my experience with you all as well!

How far along: 15 weeks

Body&changes: I honestly cannot tell a difference in the size of my belly when I'm wearing clothes. If I lift up my shirt I can tell that I have a baby belly! Right now it just looks like I ate Chipotle :/
I feel bummed I'm not really showing, but I feel like deep down inside and towards the near future I'm going to get so big that if you take a needle to my stomach it will pop.

Clothes: No maternity clothes yet! I'm still wearing my same clothing. Luckily I love loose clothing so that's why most of my clothing still fits! I have one work pants that is starting to feel uncomfortable to wear. Luckily it's a two button suit pant, so I'm sure if I loosen the first one I'll feel okay :) My friend gave me a big bag of flowy tops and dresses that are versatile for work and for regular wear! She's seriously the best for gracing me with some new clothes that I can grow into!

Cravings: I have always liked yogurt… but each grocery trip I have to grab five or six yogurts! At first I  thought that I was just addicted to sour gummy worms… then I realized that random times throughout the day I just really need a sour gummy worm.


Aversions: I used to love orange juice. I have to have it with certain meals that I eat! Now every time I drink some OJ it comes right back up :'( whyyyyy, baby, whyyyyy?! Other than OJ I really don't avert anything. Chicken for dinner always sounds like a good idea when I meal plan, but when it comes to the day I would much rather eat anything than chicken. If I go out to eat though, I welcome the chicken! Maybe it's just the preparation? I'm not really sure. I guess I'm kind of weird.

Sleep: As soon as it hits 8pm I am exhausted. I could pass out with a snap of a finger! I can no longer sleep in until 11 like I used to… I knew this day would come, though. I somehow can't sleep in past 9am, and that is really trying to sleep in! My body wakes up around 7:30 (which is good, because that's the time I need to be up to get ready for work), but it has the worst time falling back asleep.

Surprises: I felt the baby move!!! Yes, I know…. It's super early! This week I had two trips to my OB and they asked me each time if I felt the baby move. I was all, "Um, isn't it a little early to be feeling the baby?" and they just responded that while it is early, it's not unheard of. My co worker who is pregnant as well told me that when you first feel the baby it feels like flutters. As you progress in your pregnancy it gets more prominent and distinct each time the baby moves. I was stretching in bed, and I know it wasn't my stomach growling! It was just a little flutter! It came and left so quick! I first thought a bug crawled on me or something. After checking the bed and remembering my conversation the day before, I realized that I just felt baby B!!!!

So the first OB appointment was just for my 14 week follow-up. It wasn't a special appointment.. so I thought. I didn't realize I would get to hear my baby's heart beat!! It was the first time I heard it. The lady found it really quick. She told me she was surprised, because at this early it takes a little bit to find it, but there it was strong and healthy! Baby B's heartbeat is 157. As I was waiting for my OB, about 20 minutes passed and someone came in explaining he actually got called to deliver a baby. So I rescheduled for the next day. I got to hear B's heartbeat again! I recorded it this time so I could share it with Kevin. He wasn't able to make it to the previous appointment, so I wanted to share with him what I heard! I then made an appointment to find out B's gender on July 15th!!! That's 3 days after our two year anniversary. Baby is already giving us an anniversary gift ;) I also found out that's my parent's 21st anniversary! So they are going to be celebrating a lot that day.


Sorry for this long post! I just never realized how exciting it actually is to carry a baby! I'm growing this baby and it's mine to love and cherish forever! I'm so excited for B to get here. I'm also super excited to see who B looks like! Daddy who's blonde hair, blue-eyed, and fair toned? Or like mommy who's tan, brown hair, and brown eyes!




No comments:

Post a Comment