Tuesday, January 26, 2016

I'm Back!

Guys! I'm back to the blogging world.. Last time I posted was when I was around 26 weeks!?

My life got really crazy with work, school, pregnancy, and some other personal stuff. But now I am not pregnant and am graduated! Anyways, I love reading birth stories and could not wait to share mine! However, some of the emotions I felt were so raw and personal. I feel like if I even take out the extra personal feelings that I was going through that I still wouldn't be able to portray the emotions and story well. Maybe next pregnancy? Which will be in a few years haha.

So I really just wanted to share some highlights and points of my life with you guys!

Jade will be 2 months old on the 28th. Let me tell you, it is the most confusing thing trying to figure out if I should go by weeks or months. Like weeks sounds better for a baby, but if I go by weeks… On the 28th when she was born she will be 2 months, and two days later she would be 9 weeks. Anyone else confused?! She gets her shots on Monday.. I'm seriously so sad. I already know I'm going to cry watching her get her shots. Poor baby :(


Since I became a mom I have felt so much love for her. Even though at three in the morning she drives me CRAZY I look at her and my heart still melts. She will fall asleep on me and be snoring, and I will even try and do little things that would wake a baby up.. nothing. She's passed out. So I set her down in the crib a few minutes later, and she's staring at me wide-eyed and smiling. Like what the heck?! Go to bed! But her cute smile and face just makes me so happy so I don't get mad. She's the best snuggler, so I don't mind too much. (Don't tell Kevin I said that!)

This past week my grandpa passed away. I said my goodbye to him the night before he passed. It was such a heartbreaking week. It still is so sad to think about! But I'm starting to make peace with it, because he's finally at rest and peace instead of in discomfort and pain. So many people showed up to his funeral. As we reminisced memories with him, a few random ones popped into my mind.

1. When I was around six years old he showed me to eat popcorn with milk. Literally a bowl with popcorn covered in milk. Same thing with bread. He tore up the bread and drenched it in milk, and ate it like cereal. Thinking of it now I'm pretty sure that's the weirdest thing ever, but I thought it was the coolest thing when I was little! He actually made me like popcorn! (Yes, I don't like popcorn.)
2. He loved to read. I always felt a connection with him since we talked about books and school a lot.
3. I always felt good about myself when he told me he was proud of me. Hearing that I make someone proud makes me feel good, but from him it was like another level.

Luckily, I know I will see him again someday. I know he's watching over my future kids in Heaven and is watching over my family.

Well, I'm going to try and make it a goal to update every week now that school is out. I feel empty not learning or having homework. Who knew I liked taking classes so much!

Have a great week everyone :)






No comments:

Post a Comment