Sunday, June 12, 2016

The Biggest Loser Challenge

Hey everyone!

It's been such a long time since I posted. I didn't even post when Jade turned six months!!
I will definitely be updating this soon, but I wannted to let you guys in on an exciting next 8 weeks of my life!

I will be doing a Biggest Loser Challenge with my co workers! Some are already on the ball with working out and eating healthier. As for me, I pretty much started yesterday haha. Technically, the challenge started Friday. So I was just a day behind. My butt isn't going to a gym, but is staying at home doing some p90x and Insanity with my sister-in-law! We used to do it when we were in high school, but obviously that stopped. I'm just so excited to make a change in my life with something that I've been so insecure about. I am determined to eat healthier, and I also am determined to make this more than just a temporary change. These next 8 weeks are going to be the transition into a lifestyle change.

So starting today, this blog is going to be dedicated to my 8 weeks of things that make me feel more confident and healthy. I'm going to be posting about my good days with what workouts and foods I ate. I'll be posting my hard days, and hopefully not sharing that I bought a Ben & Jerry's icecream :)

I wanted to share what I had for breakfast today, and to hopefully get ideas from you as well on how YOU have a healthy lifestyle. If you don't, maybe you can join me in these next 8 weeks.

So this is the breakfast I'm currently eating, and I'm freaking in love with it. My sister in law texted me a picture of her breakfast, which was a spinach and ham omelet. YUM. I immediately went to my fridge to see if I could make the same thing. Turns out, I don't have ham. I did, however, have rotisserie chicken! So I broke out a small pan and made this breakfast scramble.

  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 c frozen spinach
  • 3 TBS of shredded chicken
  • 1 clove of minced garlic
  • cheese to sprinkle
  • salsa for topping
I whisked my eggs,put a little bit of water in it to make it "fluffier." Honestly, I'm not sure if it gets fluffier, but if I ever want there to be a little bit more egg without adding a beloved extra egg, I put some water in my mix. I sprinkled some salt and pepper to season it, and set it to the side. 
I eyeballed how much spinach I wanted to use. Had I used a measuring cup, I'm pretty sure it would have been one fourth cup. I put that in a pan, heated it, sprinkled some chicken I shredded, and let that heat together while I grabbed the garlic. Once I put the garlic in the chicken/spinach mix, I stirred it a few times to get the garlic fragrant. I didn't want it to brown at all. Had it browned, it would have given a little bit more of a bitter flavor in this meal. I poured the eggs into the pan and just scrambled away! I cannot make an omelet to save my life, so that made me sad when I was trying to recreate my SIL's breakfast. After the eggs were cooked, I transferred them to a plate sprinkled with cheese, and topped with salsa! It was delicious. 

Now my drink is like.. a play on  horchata. If you haven't had horchata, go to your local someburros or Filiberto's and order yourself one. It's a rice milk drink with cinnamon flavor. It is SO GOOD. 
almond milk horchata:
  • put ice in a cup
  • pour some regular almond milk (not flavored)
  • sprinkle nutmeg and cinnamon
seriously, it was that easy. It's definitely a tame version of it, but so good to get your sweet drink in without adding extra sugar. 

I hope you liked that I shared these recipes with you! I feel like this might hold me more accountable to this challenge. See ya later :) 


1 comment:

  1. So excited to follow your journey with this healthy clean eating! It will help me stick with this new way of life! It's not easy to eat like this but we do feel way better! Brian and I have been eating clean since the end of March. We went on our cruise last week and the eating clean went by the way side but now we're back at it! We have lost a few pounds and more importantly we feel so much better!

    ReplyDelete