Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter as a Boyster


Summer break is right around the corner! I can feel it! Next Thursday is my last day of classes!
Then there are the final exam days… I'm going to die…

About Easter: 
So this Easter was a fun one! It was the Boyster family dinner, so I spent Easter with them. This was also Kev and I's first Easter as a married couple :)
I think this was the most fun on Easter that I have had, because I spent the whole time with my nieces and nephews! I also taught the lesson for my CTR 8 class, which was loads of fun!
My silly kids! I love my calling :)
 I did a quick lesson and then had them do an easter egg hunt! They're seriously the cutest ever, and strengthen my testimony so much. So I brought the cupcakes pictured below to my CTR 8 class, but I also brought a batch that had just frosting on them (they're picky!). The plain ones were more of a hit. Anywho, they asked if they could have seconds. I said sure, and in a blink of an eye they all started to reach for the plain cupcakes. This boy in my class looked at me and asked quietly, "Can I take one for my sister?" My heart melted and I told him to take the last one! One of the girls finally came up to get her second cupcake, and got sad that there was no more plain ones. The boy looked down at the cupcake for his sister, and handed it to her. "You can have mine," he offered.  She was so happy and said thank you. His act of kindness melted my hear yet again. Seriously, this boy was raised well. That moment not only did my heart melt, but I got butterflies in my stomach that my kids were getting along, and my testimony was strengthened from his selflessness. I really hope that I can start acting like my kids! They're such a great example to me :)
My Easter cupcakes!
Boyster dinner: They had an easter egg hunt in the backyard, and I helped the younger ones find eggs. Then I re-hid some because they were sad when they found them all! Then somehow I ended up being the coolest aunt ever and jumped on the trampoline with them the rest of the night. I even held the younger ones and jumped with them in my arms so they could be apart of it! Yes, my arm is still sore.



<--- are they not the cutest cousins ever? You can tell that they're enjoying my cupcakes! I adore these two littles ones. Then again, I adore each and every one of my fourteen nieces and nephews!










This was me and the  jumping crew! Let it be known… that I wish I was ten again so I have more energy to keep up with them! Frequent water breaks were a must for me. Although I took them to stay hydrated, I just really needed to catch some energy so I could keep up with them haha.



We all stood in a stance and counted to three. After three, we all pushed off as hard as we could so we could bounce so high!
Bos, the little boy, jumped so high at one point, his feet passed my head!
Then another time he almost slammed into his brother. Good thing we dodged that bullet! (insert smiling nervous emoji here)

I loved this Easter. I learned so much and felt so much gratitude. I know that my Redeemer lives, and that because of Him I can be with my loving family for eternity.

I hope everyone had a good Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment