Sunday, May 18, 2014

Peanut Butter S'mores, Need I Say More?

How was everyone's Mother's Day? Mine was great! Yes, I'm not a mother nor an expecting mother, but one day I will be! For now, I will enjoy all the time I can get with my brothers, nieces, and nephews! 

I'm not sure how many of you know…. but I love to bake. I love to cook! That one didn't get bolded or italicized because it's in second place :) The other day, I made these PB S'mores cups (<- click that link to see original post). When I came across it, I thought, "that looks so good! Too bad it has peanut butter in it." Yes, everyone, I am not a big fan of peanut butter. As time went on, I finally gave in and decided to make it. It has Nutella and marshmallow fluff in it. How much longer can I put it off for?! 

So below… Is my attempt at a tutorial on how to make these delectable goodies. These are snacks that I will most certainly give my kiddos if I haven't cracked down on making healthy treats by then! 


Doesn't it just look freaking amazing? I want s'more... Now! (See what I did there?) Excuse my chipped polish. Anyways, I haven't written in forever… So I want to share a few things!
1. This week is my birthday week.
2. I'm turning nineteen this week.
3. I have witnessed first hand how good things happen if you endure to the end. The beginning of May was nothing but stressful. At work, no manager was there for a week and a half, and we are short staffed already as it is. It's hard to lease apartments without managers and other workers! Oh, and then on top… Finals. I missed one of my exams because I was at work, and I totally forgot I had that exam! It's not my first thought while I'm working.. At 11pm, I got an email from my Spanish teacher saying that I missed the final exam, and that I have a slim chance of being able to make it up. My heart sunk. I totally needed that email when I was typing up an essay that was due in fifty minutes,and I was no where near done. I felt stressed to no end. Oh, and what put the cherry on top is that when I was trying to submit my essay, the submit button wasn't working. It took me to another page saying I wasn't logged into a program that checks for plagiarism. To submit that essay, I didn't need to be logged in though! I wanted to scream and punch a pillow, but I had no time for that. I took screenshots and sent them to my professor along with my essay, and I messaged my Spanish teacher back begging that I can do the makeup exam. This all happened in one night. Why yes, I did break down and cry. I just missed two exams that were worth a lot- in one sitting. Great job, Shanell!

Oh, were my prayers long that night. When I woke up, everything was okay. My teacher accepted my essay, and I had three hours to get my butt down to ASU to take the makeup exam. The Lord answered my prayers!
4. We finally got managers! And I got promoted to a managerial position :) There's the property manager, assistant manager, and leasing manager, and that's me! I'm so excited! 18 and a manager already. This is one of those moments that I'm super proud of myself for what I have done, and I feel so blessed. Trials are meant to make you stronger!

I'm sure you want the recipe of the goodies now, huh?

So below, is the start of the creation! After you made your dough.. put three teaspoons into each tin and press until it's like the picture.
Now here is the fun and yummy part! Putting the nutella and fluff on top! My two cents for doing the topping is do one of them first. Do all the nutella parts first, and do the fluff part next. Oh, and it might seem like you're putting a lot on top, but the more the better it is going to be! I wish I had realized that on my first batch!
To be honest, this was my first batch.. And this is a TINY amount of filling! You need tons to get the gooey amount from the first pic. Otherwise it's going to look like this:
It looks hollow, and there's not enough for the yummyness in the middle to be enjoyed. So do the extra dollop that you secretly want to do! It won't hurt at all :)
Put another three teaspoons of dough in your hands, make it thin, and place on top of dough!
Again, this was with my thin batch. Chocolate or marshmallow needs to be oozing out of the side or on top! Trust me!
Now this was my good batch. See the marshmallow peeking out? That's the sign of a good cup! Please let me know how you like them guys :)

What You Need:
1/2 cup butter 
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons milk
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
marshmallow fluff
Nutella

Instructions: 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a regular muffin tin with cooking spray. 
Cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars until light and fluffy. 
Beat in the egg. 
Stir in the milk and vanilla.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. 
Gradually add to the creamed mixture and beat until well combined.
Place around three teaspoons of dough into the bottom of each muffin tin and use your fingers to press it in a bit to cover the bottom of each muffin well. 
Drop desired amount of of marshmallow fluff and Nutella in the center of each*
 Roll three teaspoons of dough into a ball and smash it flat and place it over the top of the fluff and Nutella. 
Repeat to cover each cookie.
Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before removing from the muffin tin.

NOTES:
* I started out with a teaspoon like the original stated, and it wasn't enough for me! I ended up just eyeballing it. 
I also ended up putting in more dough than asked for, but I wouldn't have it any other way. 



Oh! Guess what? Kevin has the coolest Aunt, and she made us some vinyl decorations to spruce up our apartment. 

I love this! No more boring printing nook :)
And this is in our bedroom. It's my favorite vinyl piece ever. The Lord truly blessed me with Kevin.


If you want a vinyl piece done by his amazing aunt, check out her Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/SimplyBeautifulVinyl


No comments:

Post a Comment