Thursday, April 17, 2014

What I Know Now

Confession time: I always like to see where people are at in their lives, and fantasize how it'll be when I'm in that position. Sometimes this leads to envy and constant daydreaming of where I would I be if something was different.

I know, I know. This isn't a good thing to do.

This week I have learned to love and live in the present. 

Lately, I have grown to appreciate where I am at. I've started to stop daydreaming as much, and just appreciate where I am. How can I be happy when I'm just thinking of what I want to happen? I constantly daydream about having a family, graduating, having a full-time job, opening up my own business, writing my own book etc. The other day I was washing the dishes thinking about life, and it hit me. In three semesters I graduate. I'm eighteen. You kidding me? I just felt overcome with gratitude. This is where I am supposed to be in life. I have worked for this, and I know that going to school will benefit me in the long run. Kevin is going to school as well, and I kind of like knowing that we're both working towards something great. 

Later on that night, Kevin told me what he has planned for my birthday. LAS VEGAS. 
I am so so so excited! I have never been to Vegas, and this is our first road trip in our new car! Second, he made reservations at Gordon Ramsay's restaurant on my birthday day. It took everything I had to not scream and jump up and down. I'm sure my neighbors underneath me were happy with that choice! Ever since Chef Ramsay started his TV show called Hell's Kitchen, I have watched it every season! I also watch almost every show that he has produced (except his British ones. It just doesn't appeal as much.) He is the one that makes me want to be a good cook. He is such an inspiration! I've also come to love his show called Master Chef. It's home cooks competing to prove that they are the best home cooks! One day, I will audition for that show!
Just a little "Throwback Thursday" The two people on my right (Monty and Ben) were my FAVORITE contestants of MasterChef. I got to talk with them and they encouraged me to go on MasterChef! One day :) And then on the left is David. He was an okay contestant. But Monty and Ben… LOVE!

As I digress.. 

These past couple of days have been really exciting and humbling.

One day, I will have a full time job.
One day, I will have a family.
One day, I will graduating.
One day, I will have my own business.
One day, I will be a published author.


But for now, I am in school. I am a wife. I am growing. I am blessed. I am a writer. I'm learning to live in the moment, not look towards the future in a way that it will distract me from doing what I need to do, and be happy with where I am at.

We went to Waffle Crush for a waffle date. Best waffles EVER. This is their Nana waffle with added strawberries. Yummm!
Seriously, this cutie and waffles… It was just the best day!
Definitely loving life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment